Best,Sharon
* P5 letters have been delayed a bit behind the publication deadlines of three volumes of Autobiography. The two extant volumes are in P5, at least!

     On Wednesday, October 8, 2014 10:53 AM, Andrew Jewell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 Dear colleagues:
I'm working with a team to establish encoding practices for a new digital scholarly edition of the complete correspondence of the early twentieth-century American author Willa Cather, and I have a question I'm hoping the members of this SIG can help me with. We are searching for a good way to markup the letterhead, postcard captions, and other such pre-printed material that appears on many pieces of the correspondence. We feel this is important text that we want to transcribe, but we also think it needs to be marked as different than the individually-authored text on the correspondence. In surveying our options, the DALF element <print> emerged (see http://ctb.kantl.be/project/dalf/dalfdoc/DALFtextElements.html), and I wondered if there is an element within the current TEI guidelines that would function in a similar way (I have not come up with a satisfying alternative, but I may be overlooking something). Whenever possible, it is our preference to stay within existing TEI guidelines.
Any advice or models you can provide would be much appreciated.
Best,Andy Jewell

--
Andrew Jewell, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, University Librariesco-editor, Scholarly Editing: The Annual of the Association for Documentary Editing (www.scholarlyediting.org)