On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 1:04 PM, Sebastian Rahtz
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> On 29 Oct 2014, at 23:45, Robinson, Peter <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>> It is a perfectly straightforward process to push your notes out into a html div, and the text into another html div,
>
> i might contest that. notes inside notes inside notes are not so very easy.

In our experience it's relatively straightforward until you start
wanting page-break paraphernalia (anchors, page images, navigation,
etc) at each of the nested levels of notes. Users have an expectation
that they can link to 'page 123' of a document; and that following
that link will take them to a representation of the intellectual
content on that page in the print book. Making that happen reliably is
surprisingly hard.

The NZETC has certain features that can't be used reliably in
combination, for example nested footnotes and works with back matter
printed backwards (i.e. to be read from the back page forwards towards
the first page). Fortunately those aren't widely used in combination.

cheers
stuart