On 10/27/14 9:45 AM, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

>> On 27 Oct 2014, at 14:37, Kevin Hawkins <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>> I believe a description of any FRBR Group 1 Entity (work, expression, manifestation, or item) could be fit into biblStruct, especially if drawing inspiration from ISBD, a national general-purpose cataloging code like AACR2 or RDA, or a standard specific to rare books such as DCRM(B).
>>

> Ok, so bibl and biblStruct can both describe any level of FRBR?  thats definitely OK in TEI land?

That is the crux of this discussion.  I can't think of any way in which
we've ever said till now that it wasn't okay, and in my opinion citation
practices and actual usage includes examples of all four FRBR Group 1
entities being cited using either bibl or biblStruct.  I also can't
think of any way in which citing a particular FRBR Group 1 entity with
bibl or biblStruct would cause problems elsewhere in the TEI encoding.

But if there were a problem, we should revise the Guidelines to say so.

Kevin