  On 16/10/14 14:53, Elena Spadini wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
Hi,
if you want to encode information as author, editor, imprint for the whole book,
isn't it better to use <biblStruct> for the whole book and try to incorporate in it a <msDesc> for the manuscript portion, instead of the contrary (msDesc with <biblStruct> inside)?
But then I don't know how to mix, for example, <biblScope> and <msDesc> ..
it seems it is not allowed.
Best,
Elena

Dear TEI List,

I'm trying to encode bibliographic information using <msDesc> to describe both print and manuscript miscellanous books. As far as I know inside <msContents> it is possible to identify each item -each text- contained in a book with <msItem> + <locus> + <title>, right?; however, you are not allowed -at least my Oxygen gets very angry- if you want to include a <biblStruct> with information about the author, the editor, the imprint, etc. So my question is how am I supposed to encode the extent of one text contained in a miscellanous book and information about the whole book such as the author, the editor, the imprint, etc.? Why you cannot combine <biblStruct> and <msItem>? Did I miss anything? Sorry to bother if I did.

Many thanks.

All the best,

--
Antonio Rojas Castro