Dear Connie,

at our DH center, we are trying find a common way for different
projects to encode bilbiographic entries and have, regarding web
resources, come up with the same solution (using the analytic part for
subpages (optionally), e.g. blog posts and the monograph part for the
whole website, e.g. a blog). In our case, we use structured entries,
an example for a web resource would be:

<biblStruct type="webPublication" status="published" xml:id="webpro00001">
   <analytic>
       <title level="a" type="main">MLA Works Cited: Electronic
Sources (Web Publications)</title>
       <idno type="short_title">MLA Works Cited</idno>
       <idno
type="URL">https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/747/08/</idno>
       <author>
          <persName>
            <forename>Tony</forename>
            <surname>Russell</surname>
          </persName>
       </author>
        ... other authors ...
       <textLang mainLang="en" />
        <date type="posting" when="2014-01-30">30.01.2014</date>
    </analytic>
    <monogr>
       <title level="m" type="main">The Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL)</title>
       <idno type="URL">https://owl.english.purdue.edu/</idno>
       <edition n="1.1"><!-- version, revision --></edition>
       <imprint>
          <date when="2014">2014</date>
          <date type="access" when="2014-06-30">30.06.2014</date>
       </imprint>
     </monogr>

I do not know if there is any consensus about this yet, but we
intuitively did this the way you propose, as well.
What we wondered was where to put the URL, if it makes sense to have
it as an identifier or if it would be better to place it in the
imprint section, for example.

Best regards,
Ulrike

--
Cologne Center for eHumanities (CCeH)
Büro: Universitätsstr. 22, Dachgeschoss rechts