> On 31 Oct 2014, at 01:13, Andreas Wagner <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> * Sebastian Rahtz dixit [2014-10-29 13:32]:
>
> Taking the risk of making a fool of myself: What is the argument against (f) again?

apart from the very real semantic problems which Stuart gives (which I think are acceptable if processsing a <pb/> like this,
but not otherwise. try this

        style="font-style:italic">to raise the Ghost</span><div
        style="float:right">a phantom</div> <span
        style="font-style:italic">of an
        Idea</span>, which shall not put my readers out of humour with
        themselves, with each other, with the season, or with me. May
        it haunt their houses pleasantly, and no one wish to lay
        it. </p>

you’ll see that though the inner <div> floats OK, the italic span has a line break
in the middle. This renders the technique useless, sadly.

Sebastian