I agree that this surgery is much too radical, even by its own criteria:
for instance, there is a centre for digital research in the humanities at
the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, and at Michigan State there is an
organization called "Matrix," which is a full-fledged and quite organized
hub of activities in the DH realm and beyond. I don't know how Centernet
gets at its figure of 200. Perhaps it is based on assertions from
institutions that they are doing something along those lines. That is
probably the best way to go.  The "something" will differ a lot. It may be
called a "Center" or a "Lehrstuhl fuer Computerphilologie" there. But
that's OK

MM
Martin Mueller

Professor emeritus of English and Classics
Northwestern University