From: TEI (Text Encoding Initiative) public discussion list [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Jack Bowers [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: October 29, 2014 2:16 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Question on declaring ISOcat values in ODD (Linguistic Dictionary)

Hi,

I'm wondering if any linguistically oriented TEI people of with knowledge of/experience with using ISOcat and ODD could tell me if I am using the 'equiv' element correctly..

Below is an example of my 'elementSpec' in the ODD, I am looking to declare that the TEI element 'orth' is equivalent to the ISOcat value 'orthography' and whose PID is the value in the @uri:

    <elementSpec module="dictionaries" ident="orth">
     <equiv name="orthography" uri="http://www.isocat.org/datcat/DC-394"/>
    </elementSpec>

Any comments, advice would be much appreciated!
 Thanks in advance,

Jack