On 12/02/2014 11:26 PM, Ingus Macats wrote:
> (Personally I tend to make loads of two-syllable words, and I feel it a
> flaw of mine that makes the language seem less naturalistic. Although I do
> realise it is not an universal thing.)

Well, you're just copying Basque. Most native words are two syllables,
to such a degree that the standard phonotactic formula is a word of two
syllables and not a single syllable, since there a zillion rules of the
type: if consonant C is in one syllable, it can not be in the other.

(I've been reading "The History of Basque" by Larry Trask. Great book,
should have picked it up when it was reasonably priced.)

t.