i and my friend/co-author have a race who are not really alien - they are
ex-humans with a dual nature and were intended to be vampire-esque, enough
to inspire vampire legends in their own universe, but in fact, they are
obligate carnivores much like the felid family. they are sensitive to
sunlight, or, rather, to its UV component, and spend the daylit hours in
short-term torpor in the ground or in some close, dark sealed space. during
the transformation they develop a pervasive melanism whose degree depends
on their original genetic makeup, which makes them more resistant to
radiation burns and gives them a very distinctive appearance (dark mouth,
gums, tongue, eye sclera, palms and feet that are as dark as the rest of
their skin). after a while, they also develop a darker stain on the most
sensitive areas of the face, around the lips and eyes, as well as a stain
pattern across the remaining skin surface that resembles that seen in wild
cats.

if you are interested, you can find a more or less complete description of
the race here:

http://resonancerp.com/index.php?/user/3840-ibrahim-asimu-tanko/

i'm preparing to rp one of our characters in this game and the moderators
had asked me to give the most basic race information in his profile, as he
is one of a kind.

peace,

cathy