On Fri, Dec 26, 2014 at 10:12 PM, Kjell Rehnström <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Wouldn't it? If most Cantonese speakers have learnt to speak Mandarin using
> Pin Yin this means that many litterate Chinese will know the way to write
> Chinese using Latin letters.

Careful here: As I pointed out previously the Chinese have already
done these experiments and found that *it's not possible* to replace
Chinese characters with a phonetic system.  There are just too many
homophones in that language for this proposal to work.  Learning
pinyin (or bopomofo) is like learning IPA: It'll help you use a
dictionary to expand your vocabulary but is no help at all in learning
to read or write those words you already know.  Which is why IMHO
Chinese is a dead end language and is not a useful reference point in
anything to do with creating an auxlang (unless you just looking for
examples of things *not* to do).  See my other post...
  Regards,
    Scott