McLane Children's Hospital Emergency department is actively seeking BE/BC PEM Physician candidates to join a growing Children's ED in the Central Texas area.  McLane Children's is the only freestanding children's hospital in the central Texas area. The ED is under the department of Emergency Medicine of Baylor Scott & White in central Texas. We are the only Children's Hospital in the Baylor Scott & White health system which provides multiple opportunities for career growth in the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Texas. We serve a wide catchment area with an abundant pediatric population with current ED volume on pace for 25,000 patients this academic year. Our beautiful Pediatric ED is a 14 bed, Level 2 Pediatric Trauma center. We have a 16 bed PICU with 24/7 in-house intensivist coverage, 4 full-time Pediatric surgeons, as well as a wonderful inpatient Pediatric Hospitalist team. We have multiple pediatric sub-specialties available 24/7 and a 5 story Pediatric Subspecialty clinic building next-door to our hospital. The entire hospital culture is based on pulling patients through the hospital from the ED. The cooperative and collegial atmosphere for consults and admits omits much of the stress often associated with an ED shift. Attending shifts are 8 hours with upper-level EM resident coverage 24/7. We have a strong affiliation as the primary teaching hospital for Texas A&M College of Medicine. Appointment as clinical faculty includes teaching medical students as well as EM, Pediatric, and Family medicine residents in our department. The central Texas area is a low stress, low traffic, low cost of living, and warm weather area to live and raise a family. Multiple outdoor and entertainment opportunities exist along the I-35 corridor with faculty living in Temple, Belton, and North Austin.

Please send CVs or inquiries directly to Dominic Lucia M.D Medical Director at the email below and get in on the early stages of a rapidly growing Pediatric ED with multiple career development opportunities within a great organization.

Dominic Lucia M.D.
Medical Director Emergency Medicine
McLane Children's Hospital and Clinics
Baylor Scott & White