We do not obtain Xray when intussuspeption is suspected. We do US

Santi Mintegi
Pediatric Emergency Department. Cruces University Hospital. Bilbao.
University of the Basque Country. Secretary of the Department of Pediatrics
Coordinator of the Committee on Safety and Non-Intentional Injury Prevention in Childhood of the Spanish Association of Pediatrics
Coordinator of the Red de Investigación de la Sociedad Española de Urgencias de Pediatría / Spanish Pediatric Emergency Research Group (RISeuP/SPERG)
Chairman of REPEM (Research in European Pediatric Emergency Medicine)

Hemendik: Pediatric Emergency Medicine Discussion List [[log in to unmask]] honen izenean: jennifer marin [[log in to unmask]]
Bidaltze-data: astelehena, 2015.eko urtarrilak 19 15:57
Nori: [log in to unmask]
Gaia: X-rays for intussusception

We are interested in ED practices regarding routine plain radiographs obtained prior to radiology ultrasounds for patients with suspected intussusception.
Specifically, are you required to get an x-ray before an ultrasound will be done (i.e. to evaluate for free air)?
Thanks for everyone's input.
Jennifer Marin, MD, MScChildren's Hospital of Pittsburgh

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html
Antes de imprimir este correo, piense en su responsabilidad y
compromiso con el MEDIO AMBIENTE.

Inprimatu baino lehen, zure INGURUMENAREKIKO konpromezu eta erantzukizunaz pentsatu.