No requirement for x ray

Halim
Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 19, 2015, at 9:42 AM, jennifer marin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> We are interested in ED practices regarding routine plain radiographs obtained prior to radiology ultrasounds for patients with suspected intussusception.
> Specifically, are you required to get an x-ray before an ultrasound will be done (i.e. to evaluate for free air)?
> Thanks for everyone's input.
> Jennifer Marin, MD, MScChildren's Hospital of Pittsburgh

> The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:

This e-mail, facsimile, or letter and any files or attachments transmitted with it contains
information that is confidential and privileged. This information is intended only for the use of the
individual(s) and entity(ies) to whom it is addressed. If you are the intended recipient, further
disclosures are prohibited without proper authorization. If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, printing, or use of this information is strictly prohibited and possibly a
violation of federal or state law and regulations. If you have received this information in error,
please notify Children's Medical Center Dallas immediately at 214-456-4444 or via e-mail at
[log in to unmask] Children's Medical Center Dallas and its affiliates hereby claim all
applicable privileges related to this information.

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html