From: Pediatric Emergency Medicine Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of jennifer marin
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2015 6:57 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: X-rays for intussusception

We are interested in ED practices regarding routine plain radiographs obtained prior to radiology ultrasounds for patients with suspected intussusception. Specifically, are you required to get an x-ray before an ultrasound will be done (i.e. to evaluate for free air)? Thanks for everyone's input. Jennifer Marin, MD, MScChildren's Hospital of Pittsburgh

For more information, send mail to [log in to unmask] with the message: info PED-EM-L The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html