From: [log in to unmask]
> That is exactly the argument that I remember.  Based on logic and physiology rather than studies, I suspect. I would also love some toxicologist input.

--> While I accept that there is a low enough reading at 2 hours which would allow a discharge, we still go for 4 hours. Reduces the number of patients in whom more than one hole is made.
Still, for my own interest, I would appreciate reading any good quality stuff (child or adult) which provides solid evidence for which level at 2 hours is 100% certain to exclude the possibility of a toxic reading at 4 hours and that it makes no difference what the stomach contents were at the time.
Thanks in advance.

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html