From: Pediatric Emergency Medicine Discussion List [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Michael Falk [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2015 8:10 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: ketamine

I am running my EM residents through some Pediatric Trauma cases and an
interesting question came up that I said I would bring to the listserv...is
anyone using Ketamine routinely for RSI/pain control in Pediatric trauma?

I know from colleagues who have served in Iraq and Afghanistan that it is
the standard drug for the military because of it's hemodynamic stability
and the fact that there is no evidence that it has any impact on ICP....but
was curious to see if any of the big Children's Hospitals and trauma
centers have started to use it?
Thanks,
Mike

Mike Falk, MD, FAAP, FRCP(C)