Dear Colleagues,

Greetings! The Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine at Washington University School of Medicine and St. Louis Children's Hospital has faculty position openings in the Pediatric Emergency Department.

St. Louis Children’s Hospital is among the top Children’s Hospitals in the U.S.. It was awarded Magnet Status for excellence in nursing and clinical care.  The St.Louis Children’s Hospital Emergency Department is a fantastic place to work. It is a state of the art Level I Trauma Center which is visited by approximately 55,000 children annually from all over Missouri and Southern Illinois. There are 28 treatment rooms, 2 large resuscitation rooms and in suite radiology. Construction has begun for a major hospital expansion.

Our faculty have a wide-range of interests from clinical education to hypothesis driven clinical and basic research.  We belong to the federally funded PECARN collaborative research network and the Pediatric Emergency Medicine Collaborative Research Committee. Both the Department and the University provide a supportive and intellectually stimulating environment for clinical practice, education and investigation, with unique opportunities for inter and intra departmental collaborations.

Academic rank will be negotiated commensurate with experience and achievements.  Washington University in St. Louis offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer.  Minority and women applicants are encouraged to apply.

The St. Louis metropolitan area has approximately 2.5 million people, with diverse, beautiful urban and suburban neighborhoods and moderate cost of living.  There are abundant cultural and recreational opportunities.  These include a world-class symphony orchestra, two opera companies, professional theater and dance, and major league teams in football, baseball and hockey.  In addition, there are many parks (including the 1,300 acre Forest Park right across from the hospital) and trails for hiking, jogging and cycling.  Finally, St. Louis area offers outstanding public and private schools and a wide variety of child friendly attractions making it wonderful place to raise children. I moved to St. Louis 5 years ago after living 15 years in New York City and have been impressed with the cultural diversity and with the amazing quality of life available for my family.

Please contact our Division Director Dr. Kim Quayle at [log in to unmask] if you wish to hear more about these opportunities.

Sincerely,

David Schnadower, MD MPH
Associate Professor of Pediatrics
Fellowship Director and Associate Division Director (Research)
Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine
660 S Euclid Avenue, Campus Box 8116
St. Louis, MO 63110
(314) 747 5604
(314) 454 4345 (Fax)

The materials in this email are private and may contain Protected Health Information. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any unauthorized use, disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender via telephone or return email.

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html