We are working on developing an intubation protocol for our PED. Two questions for the group:

1)      Does anyone routinely place a gastric tube prior to intubation in patients who require BVM? This would be to prevent the stomach from becoming distended during BVM and causing difficulty ventilating.

2)       Does anyone have a pediatric intubation protocol or checklist they are willing to share?

Thanks,
Matt Hansen

Matt Hansen MD, MCR
Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine
NIH/NHLBI K12 Scholar
Oregon Health & Science University

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html