Am 03.02.2015 um 15:27 schrieb Hugh Cayless:
> I think associating idno types with resolvers is an un-addressed use case
> in TEI.

You're right, but I think it's a use case worth addressing in the
Guidelines. It's becoming increasingly common to take existing
identifiers and build URLs with them. In a TEI document, I would like to
have the option to say: "Here's an identifier. If you don't know what to
do with it, try looking it up with this URL prefix. If you're already
familiar with that kind of ID, feel free to use your own resolver."

For instance, providing the http://dx.doi.org/ part is a good way to
tell the user that "DOI" is not some Department of the Interior number.
At the same time, users should be enabled to use any DOI resolver they want.

--
Martin de la Iglesia
Metadata and Data Conversion

Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
Göttingen State and University Library
D-37073 Göttingen

Papendiek 14 (Historical Building, Room 1.206)
+49 551 39-14070 (Tel.)
+49 551 39-3468 (Fax)

http://www.sub.uni-goettingen.de/