On Tue, 3 Feb 2015 12:52:08 -0800
Leo Moser <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Adverbs are rather commonly formed from adjectives.
> Both are descriptives of a sort.
>
> Some languages use plain adjectives for what we might call
> adverbials. English does this sometimes.
>
> These I think of as "secondary adjectives" -- maybe there is a better
> term.  Are such things needed in conlangs?

Not really. Adverbs of manner, like "slowly" or "often" are rather rare
in the world's languages. Some just use the adjective, a common enough
strategy in European languages. Some use the case form of a noun,
others use a verb:
She worked carefully.
*She worked careful.
She worked with care.
*She worked being-careful, *she was-careful working.

Even locative and temporal adjectives are not indispensable: "here" =
"at this place".