Thanks for all the comments. Plenty of interesting points and examples (esp.
David’s Icelandic, Scandinavian langs being close to my heart). Good
explanation from Jeffrey too. And I’m sorry for the Anglocentrism, which I
did clumsily acknowledge in my first post. “Reversed polarity” was more of a
sci-fi joke than a serious suggestion...

I like Christophe’s “different argument orientation” and And's
“‘Stimulus-subject (psych-) verbs’ as opposed to ‘experiencer-subject
(psych-) verbs’” a lot. I hope to finish the grammar soon (i.e. this year).

James

James Campbell
www.zolid.com • “Boring, but a cool boring.”
www.insertcrisps.com • Insert crisps to continue