Jeffrey Daniel Rollin-Jones wrote:
> It's also worth noting that the Romance languages (and Latin?) put
> numerals and determiners before the noun, rather than after it, along
> with certain common adjectives (la belle fille, estos coches, due
> uomini - "the beautiful girl, these/those cars, two men").

That reminds me that some adjectives in Romance languages can be used
either before or after the noun (but with different meanings).

Keeping determiners before the noun makes sense. With numerals, the two
orders might have slightly different meanings, e.g.

ju-ķin tis-slô
one-CLASS ice-ball
"one hailstone"

tis-slô ju-ķin