On Wed, Apr 01, 2015 at 11:19:54AM +0300, Gleki Arxokuna wrote:
> Some people complained that although the spelling in Lojban is very easy to
> grasp the grammar is not.
>
> So the committee for the development of Lojban (BPFK) decided to fix this
> issue and to make the spelling hard as well.

this kind of attitude is sort of the reason I left Lojban.
personally I thought the spelling wasn't precise enough,
so in mwak each glyph is one phoneme, so there is a correct way
of saying it, and using other phonemes is wrong,
unlike Lojban, where can say the letters in a variety of ways.

> Especially for those people who are not familiar with hanzi (Chinese
> characters).
>
> This is how Lojban writing will look like from now on:
>
> "我 爱 你" - new spelling.
> "I love you" - meaning.
> "mi prami do" - old spelling.
>

> "者 猫 是 喝 者 乳" - new spelling.
> "A cat drinks milk" - meaning.
> "lo mlatu cu pinxe lo ladru" - old spelling.

hmmm but traditional hanzi is postpositional.

though I would be interested in seeing a list of your cmavo to
chinese conversions, I might be able to use them in the future.

> Those who can read hanzi have already laughed at it.
> But let's stop giggling and start getting used to it.
>
> A. Every root verb (gismu) is mapped to one hanzi or a combination  of two
> hanzi.
> B. Every verb made of affixes (lujvo) is created by joining gismu (verbs
> corresponding to each affix) together using "-".
> C. particles (cmavo) also have corresponding hanzi.
> Words are separated with spaces.
>
> I created a tool La Naxle
> http://vrici.lojban.org/~gleki/mediawiki-1.19.2/extensions/ilmentufa/ircbot/naxle.html
>
> It can do several things:
> 1. By entering a text into {ko ciska fi ti} field and pressing "Split" you
> can prettify the text like this:
> 1a. Spaces are inserted where needed thus {lonu} is turned into {lo  nu}.
> 1b. Lujvo are unwrapped into {zei}-lujvo thus {muvgau} is turned into
> {muvdu zei gasnu}. This makes the text easier to read for beginners.
> 1c. However, for SE-lujvo only spaces are added: {selterselcpedu} is turned
> into {se te se cpedu} since we assume that they mean the same.
> So instead of {minelci lonu do muvgau lo jubme} you get {mi nelci lo nu do
> muvdu zei gasnu lo jubme} - the output is prettified.
>
> 2. By pressing "anji ( 漢字 )" the same is done but the text is additionally
> hanzi-fied.
>
> The conversion dictionary isn't yet complete so we are waiting for more
> suggestions from you of hanzi correspondences for Lojban words.

good to hear you're doing some coding :-D.

I have a wordTranslate.sh you might like,
it can translate words on the fly into chinese/swahili/ or w/e
using google-translate, and get phonemeic representation with
espeak.
http://mwak.tk/spel/src/vocab/wordTranslate.sh

though you can simply use translate-bin if on linux, that's the
core of my wordTranslate anyhow.

> 3. Additionally various buttons for searching in jbovlaste (live Lojban
> dictionary) and La Bangu (revised) dictionary are added, English
> dictionaries for other languages like Laadan, toki pona and Loglan are
> supported.
> 4. It's possible to get the output of the main syntactic parsers:
> camxes.js, jbofi'e and YACC.
> 5. An alpha-stage Loglan-Lojban converter is available.

cute.
if this was meant to be the begining of a Lojban pivot language,
I'd say this would be a good thing.

Can probably also have Lojban in other scripts also, like
Arabic, Hebrew, Thai, Tamil, Devenagari, can even use their
words. Though yes, unless the grammar isn't fixed to have valid
adpositions (at least the PIE 8),
then mass adoption continus to be impossible.

otherwise, I have added hope that Lojban may improve as a result
of this.

Logan