Dear Marjorie,

I'd approve a slightly different encoding:

<app>
<lem type="conjecture" resp="#editor">meo</lem>
</app>

I'd separate the responsible person from the fact that it's a
conjecture, i.e. by using the more general value "conjecture" instead of
"conieci" and  by adding a resp attribute (@source is not allowed on rdg
or lem if I'm not mistaken). This way you can also encode conjectures
from previous editors or other scholars using the same typology.

The following apparatus note for example:

meo /Sommervogel/ / meo /coniecit Sommervogel/

could be encoded accordingly:

<app>
  <lem type="conjecture" resp="#Sommervogel">meo</lem>
  </app>

In both cases you capture the intellectual content (as Hugh says) but
you loose the original expression and typography (here: Italics and the
expression conieci/coniecit/scripsi/scripsit and the like).

As regards the function of the reference to the Vulgate version, this is
hard to determine. If necessary I'd prefer something more simple  like
the following:

<app>
<lem type="conjecture" resp="#editor" corresp="#vulg-1">meo</lem>
<rdg wit="#vulgate" xml:id="vulg-1">vestro</rdg>
</app>
/
/The vulgate rdg could also have @type="source" (or in other cases
@type="parallel" or similar) to indicate the different status of the
variant reading.
But this seems very much a matter of taste, perspective and interpretation.

Franz