Interesting question indeed which should give us scholars reason to think!
Because considering *both* points, the point of view is arising that giants
are rather pursuing own interests rather than public ones and schloars are
taking the missing popular interest. Seems that pursuing a standardized
encoding is more or less a thing to do amongst schloars/academics ...?

We should think about it!

Best,
András Gálffy