Hello,

On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 7:19 AM, Jeffrey Witt <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I may be wrong, but I thought the Shelley-Godwin archive was also doing stuff with TEI and IIIF.

Yes, we use Shared Canvas with our own viewer and annotate the canvas with TEI transcriptions. http://shelleygodwinarchive.org/contents/frankenstein

We subclassed oa:Annotation to bring some of the semantics from the TEI into the viewer (we're not sure whether we'll keep doing this in our next iterations, though). We plan on moving to IIIF eventually, but that might need some time. For clarity, IIIF incorporates and uses the Shared Canvas ontology.

Jeffrey, how are you annotating the TEI on to the canvas? We use annotations and oax:TextOffsetSelector (http://www.openannotation.org/spec/extension/#SelectorOffset) to link to text strings in the TEI.

All the best,
Raff

What are your specific needs or interests? I can probably offer a few more suggestions if I knew the kind of end result you were after.

Best wishes,
jw
--
Dr. Jeffrey C. Witt