Hi Joe—

We’ve implemented Shared Canvas as part of an editorial workbench in the Modernist Commons (http://editingmodernism.ca <http://editingmodernism.ca/>). We’ve integrated it with CWRC Writer so that users can mark up both images and transcriptions in a single interface. Shared Canvas uses Open Annotation RDF markup, not TEI. If, however, using our implementation, you want to mark up a transcription in TEI and then link that to the corresponding image, you can do that — but using OA RDF.

Let me know, off list, if you’d like to test it out. I’m hoping that we’ll be able to go public at some point in the next month. We’re in the last stages of debugging and testing.

Best wishes

Dean Irvine
Director, Editing Modernism in Canada

You can link TEI markup in the transcription with the RDF annotations