Ah, that worries me much less then :-). Sorry for the confusion.

@source="#ed" indicates that the lemma is the editorís own conjecture, #ed being a pointer to a bibl in sourceDesc, probably, since youíre encoding the edition.

Iíll add that if youíre wanting to encode the form of the apparatus as printed in the text, then you probably want to do the apparatus as <notes> rather than (or in addition to) using <app>.