I was assuming that the text would be completely divided in sub-div. In the end in this case I would even force the tessalation adding ad hoc div, after all they are editorial divs, syntactic tools used by the encoder to annotate the text, not to describe a structure intrinsic to the text itself.

Yes sorry, I said <q> but in my head <q> is always shorthand for
(q|quote) or perhaps (q|quote|said).

And Fabio, the problem with using <div> in this case is
not the semantics of <div> (which are fine), but the
fact that the <div>s would have to 'float', i.e., would
not tesselate, and that is verboten.

pfs

--
Paul Schaffner  Digital Library Production Service
[log in to unmask] | http://www.umich.edu/~pfs/

--
Paul Schaffner  Digital Library Production Service
[log in to unmask] | http://www.umich.edu/~pfs/

--
Fabio Ciotti
Dipartimento Studi Umanistici, Università di Roma Tor Vergata