Can somebody please point me in the direction of acquiring the EEBO files encoded in TEI?

I’m looking to provide interesting text mining services against the content found in EEBO, but I’m having a difficult time reverse-engineering the data I’ve been given. After a bit of investigation, I think the data I have is dated because I got it more than eighteen months ago and the files, while in both SGML and XML, are not in TEI. Instead, I have a jumble of lists with identifiers, header files with really basic metadata, and two sets of encoded text (one in SGML and the other in XML).

Since my acquisition of the files, I believe the EEBO Phase I files have been released as real and true TEI. Do you know anything about this? If so, do you know where I get such files? Yes, my institution is a member of the TCP.

—
Eric Lease Morgan
Digital Initiatives Librarian

University of Notre Dame