On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 12:32 PM, BPJ <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Den 2015-06-03 01:57, Mark J. Reed skrev:
>
>> I here am new.
>>
>> And yet old. Many of you will remember me from ... holy crap it's been a
>> decade... ago.
>>

> It doesn't feel *that* long.  Obviously I'm getting old...

Hey hey, good to hear from you! Mark, your email has inspired me to de-lurk
to say hi. It's been about a decade over here too, which is hard for me to
wrap my mind around. ;)

It's nice to see so many other folks still around here, active or not.

AFMCLs, Asha'ille went through a fitful spelling reform [1] that I'm still
not happy with. Specifically around disambiguating /i/ from /ɪ/ as <i> vs
<î> and marking long consonants with underdots instead of the old
apostrophe. Next time the conlanging bug hits, I'll probably just admit it
was a bad idea and reverse it. Le sigh.

I started on a post-linguistics-minor ;) conlang called Lhenazi [2] but I
haven't worked on it in years now either. Too bad I broke my dictionary
software for it and haven't gotten around to fixing it... Life happens,
y'know? :P

And every time I participate in NaNoWriMo, I get "stuck" with a new sketch-
or naming-lang. :) For example, this past April, I did a Mayan-inspired
naming-lang (and its sister lang and parent lang) plus a word-generator to
go with it. [3]

 1: http://www.arthaey.com/conlang/ashaille/grammar/pronunciation.html
 2: http://www.arthaey.com/conlang/lhenazi/grammar/
 3: http://www.arthaey.com/conlang/conlang2015/lexicon/