In 1902, Elias Molee in the USA published his book "Tutonish or
Anglo-German Union Tongue," a proposed pan-Germanic auxiliary language.
Actually, as nearly as I can tell, he seems to have envisioned that his
language would eventually supplant and supersede all the various Gemanic
languages (including English). Over the years he published more than one
version of his language, with variations, but my own opinion, having
seen portions of several, is that I think the 1902 version may in some
subjective sense be the "best" (however one might choose to regard that
sense). The book is long since out of copyright and is available in
several electronic formats online. It has also been reprinted from an
old exemplar. I have a copy of that reprint.

Because the book is out of copyright, I have fetched the Google Books
copy and placed it in my own webpages, all of which are available at

http://www.panix.com/~bartlett/ (On Google Books there are other formats
available.)

Molee had several idiosyncrasies. One is that soon into his expositions,
he eschewed majuscule letters, writing everything in lowercase. Another
is that in his English texts, he soon employed a few abbreviations:

e, the
o, of
t, to, too
b, be
bn, been
h, have
hd, had
n, and
nsf, etc

(I suppose he could have used more, such as 'w, with', 'd, do', and the
like.)

In the course of his exposition of tutonish, Molee proposes what he
calls "simplifyen english" as a sort of paradigm of what the grammar of
tutonish would be like. This is on pages 90 - 97 of the 1902
publication.  He gives a brief discussion of principles and then twelve
"key rules." However, it must be noted that only ten of these rules
actually pertain to "simplifyen english" as such. Rule 1 is just a set
of orthographical and typographical conventions, and Rule 12 calls for
use of the international Metric System of weights and measures. In
tutonish itself, Molee specifies a more or less phonemic spelling, but
in simplifyen english he generally adheres to the standard spellings of
English words except as they would be modified by the rules
("simplifyen" itself being an example, in place of "simplified").

Changing focus. In 2009, Jean-Paul Nerrière and David Hon published
"Globish the World Over." It is also available in some other languages,
and there is a webpage at http://www.globish.com/ . (Despite a copyright
notice including 2015, it seems to have had little recent activity.) The
authors write of Globish as distinguishable from English, but in fact
(in my opinion) it is a restricted form of English intended for global
use. Spelling is standard, and there are no changes to the grammar as
such, only principles to use grammatically simple structures. The
vocabulary consists of 1500 words (not counting inflections). The book
itself is written (as far as I know) in Globish itself, and to a native
speaker it seems more or less normal English, even if some of the
sentences occasionally seem just slightly "odd" at times due to the
restricted vocabulary and simpler sentence structures. (It reminds me of
the available dictionary of 2500 Interlingua words, each of which is
defined in terms of the other 2499 Interlingua words.)

Again, texts in Globish seem more or less normal to a native English
speaker. As a humorous speculation, I wonder what would happen if one
were to take a Globish text and apply Molee's rules (apart from his
idiosyncratic abbreviations) to it. Simplifyen english can be described
briefly, so it should be of little difficulty to native speakers, and
the combination of the two might make a simpler language for foreign users.

Make no mistake, I do not seriously propose this combination as a "real"
auxiliary language. I really don't think it has a snowball's chance in
hell of success, and I offer it merely as a curiosity of the "auxlanging
art," just as I generated Latinvlo out of Houghton's (badly named)
Master Language. There have been other English-based, sometimes
pidgin-like or creole-like, auxlangs, but I do not expect any of them to
have much success, as there will (probably) always be too much pressure
to learn "real" English instead of some "crippled" version.

But I offer simplifyen english plus Globish for your entertainment. :)
(No, I have not generated any actual texts. I leave that as an exercise.)

--
Paul Bartlett