Print

Print


I've forked and will send a pull request as soon as I've fixed the bug I
found while composing the text of the pull request.

This change (and a couple I committed to the main repo recently) have have
come from feedback from a new TEI user we have in training about things
they're finding hard to understand in the standard. We've essentially given
up maintain our local documentation but I figure pushing comprehensibility
changes to the standard is something we can all gain from.

cheers
stuart

--
...let us be heard from red core to black sky

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 10:01 PM, James Cummings <[log in to unmask]
> wrote:

>
> Hi Stuart,
>
> The TEI Technical Council is currently reviewing how it uses GitHub as
> part of examining whether it is a suitable replacement for SourceForge in
> moving Guidelines development there.  As you know, it moved the Stylesheets
> (and other software) building there some time ago.  Although you (and
> various others) are members of the Stylesheets repository I believe the
> correct github etiquette is to fork, then issue a pull request.  However, I
> think as long as you are flagging that you are making the change (or open
> an issue and then make the change as a result of that) it should probably
> be fine.  (Though when you say 'regularise the display of attribute values'
> I'd be interested to know what you mean by regularise. There are some
> options and logic already in there.) The change in your forked version
> won't get looked at by Jenkins. We're also looking at whether some of the
> GitHub hosted alternative continuous integration systems might replace
> Jenkins. So, to be honest, you could do either, but
> fork+change+pull-request will ensure that it gets other eyes on it before
> going into the system.  Jenkins uses the most up-to-date stylesheets when
> next building the Guidelines. I know it used to email when doing commits to
> the Guidelines SF SVN repository that broke something (or more accurately
> when someone committing around the same time as you broke something ;-) )
> and I'm assuming that is still the case. I don't think it emailed just when
> it was running a job based on your commits...just when that job failed and
> your commit was one of those possible causes.
>
> That is my understanding at least, some of our council github gurus may
> correct me.
>
> -James
>
>
>
> On 12/08/15 10:26, Stuart A. Yeates wrote:
>
>> I've got a change I'd like to make to the stylesheets used to generate
>> the HTML version of the standard (a minor change to regularise the display
>> of attribute values), but I'm not quite sure how to go about it.
>>
>> Do I just push a change request to https://github.com/TEIC/Stylesheets ?
>> Or fork it? Does that get tested by jenkins?
>>
>> Jenkins used to send me emails when it ran a job based on my commits, but
>> I've not seen one for a couple of recent commits, is that because I'm not
>> on the council any more?
>>
>> cheers
>> stuart
>> --
>> ...let us be heard from red core to black sky
>>
>
>
> --
> Dr James Cummings, [log in to unmask]
> Academic IT Services, University of Oxford
>
>