Hello Everyone,

My apologies if this isn't quite the proper forum for this enquiry.  This
concerns the best and commonly-used practices in relation to the encoding
of documents using the TEI-P5.

We have a case within a project being undertaken at the Lafayette College
Libraries in which one finds <note place="foot"> elements within line (<l>)
elements for a given Document.  Further, for the purposes of stemmatic
analysis (by means of collation), it would be optimal to link these <note>
elements to their parent <l> elements (beyond simply relying upon the
structure of the Document tree).

While the TEI (as well as the XML itself) provides a number of approaches
through which one could forge these links, I would be very grateful to
learn of any common or preferred approaches to implementing similar
solutions.

Thank you very much for your time, and assistance.

Sincerely,
James Griffin

--
James R. Griffin III