Hi Stuart,

The TEI Technical Council is currently reviewing how it uses
GitHub as part of examining whether it is a suitable replacement
for SourceForge in moving Guidelines development there.  As you
know, it moved the Stylesheets (and other software) building
there some time ago.  Although you (and various others) are
members of the Stylesheets repository I believe the correct
github etiquette is to fork, then issue a pull request.  However,
I think as long as you are flagging that you are making the
change (or open an issue and then make the change as a result of
that) it should probably be fine.  (Though when you say
'regularise the display of attribute values' I'd be interested to
know what you mean by regularise. There are some options and
logic already in there.) The change in your forked version won't
get looked at by Jenkins. We're also looking at whether some of
the GitHub hosted alternative continuous integration systems
might replace Jenkins. So, to be honest, you could do either, but
fork+change+pull-request will ensure that it gets other eyes on
it before going into the system.  Jenkins uses the most
up-to-date stylesheets when next building the Guidelines. I know
it used to email when doing commits to the Guidelines SF SVN
repository that broke something (or more accurately when someone
committing around the same time as you broke something ;-) ) and
I'm assuming that is still the case. I don't think it emailed
just when it was running a job based on your commits...just when
that job failed and your commit was one of those possible causes.

That is my understanding at least, some of our council github
gurus may correct me.

-James

--
Dr James Cummings, [log in to unmask]