Hi Martin,

I think it does exist, if I understand correctly what you want, in the
documentation you can generate from the ODD file using (e.g. in Oxygen)
the TEI ODD XHTML transformation. With that, you should get a sort of
customized TEI Guidelines, in which the reference page for each element
and class will provide you with both XML and compact syntax as seen here:

<http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/ref-p.html>

(Scroll down to Declaration, and use the button to switch formats.)

Cheers,
Martin