On 15-08-12 11:28 AM, Hugh Cayless wrote:
> If we’re using git (and it’s been set up properly) the committer
> email should be there in the commit. Could you grab that instead of
> the username using a command like
>
> git show -s --pretty=format:"%ae"
> 4d2df873da3d45831f4eb410b1fc52ab496478b3

As far as I can see, I can't do any such thing, because the email
response is internal to the Jenkins build process. But it's possible we
can figure it out, given enough time.

> Note that git-svn does something a little odd with author emails, so
> your mileage may vary…looks like there are ways to clone an svn repo
> while supplying a username->email mapping, so we should experiment
> with that when we’ve sorted out our user list.

Yes. A simpler thing might be an email to the Council list by default,
so that anyone on Council can investigate and follow up with the actual
committer (who may not have provided an email that works anyway).

Cheers,
Martin