If we’re using git (and it’s been set up properly) the committer email should be there in the commit. Could you grab that instead of the username using a command like

git show -s --pretty=format:"%ae" 4d2df873da3d45831f4eb410b1fc52ab496478b3

Note that git-svn does something a little odd with author emails, so your mileage may vary…looks like there are ways to clone an svn repo while supplying a username->email mapping, so we should experiment with that when we’ve sorted out our user list.