I would like to make the Index Unicode-compatible for ease of searching,
but redoing the entire 300+-page document in XeTeX or XeLaTeX or whatever
would take me a considerable amount of time. Therefore, I am asking for
help.

Would any of you be willing to convert a section or few? I'm told that
there's ways to include multiple documents in one document, so I could use
some help on that as well (and changing the page orientation for certain
pages, which would make it easier to display the phonologies of, for
instance, the Caucasian protolanguages).

If you're interested, please shoot me a message.

Thank you.