I would like to help but I don't have a lot of time the coming two months.
However I can help a bit anyway. A while ago the author of a Perl module
which converts oldstyle TeX diacritics to Unicode made a plug on the XeTeX
mailing list:

https://metacpan.org/pod/LaTeX::Decode

Since I have used XeLaTeX exclusively for nearly a decade I havent tried it
but the code looks OK.

/bpj

onsdag 12 augusti 2015 skrev Galen Buttitta <