On 2 Aug 2015 16:08, "Siva Kalyan" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> This paper cites an article by Colin C. Smith entitled “Vulgar Latin in
Roman Britain”, which enumerates a number of sound changes attested in
inscriptions. It would seem axiomatic that Britainese should incorporate
all of these sound changes.

> The article appears in a volume called “Aufstieg und Niedergang der
römischen Welt: Geschichte und Kultur Roms im Spiegel der neueren
Forschung. Principat. Sprache und Literatur. Sprachen und Schriften. Teil
2. Bd. 29”, and is partially viewable here:
https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=6GO3qtZGcRcC&lpg=PA503&dq=aufstieg%20und%20niedergang%20der%20r%C3%B6mischen%20welt%2029.2&pg=PA893#v=onepage&q&f=false
.

If anybody's managed to get hold of a PDF of this, could I get a copy off
you?

The Google books view is insufferably fragmentary. The article looks
excellent.

--And.