On Thu, 13 Aug 2015 14:08:21 +0100, And Rosta <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Let me attempt a nutshell summary of the indexing:
>
>Basic clause order is SOV.

Yes, although it's not an ideal description, for lexical reasons.

>If a phrase occupies only one syntactic position it appears sans index.

If you mean it appears in only one clause, yes; otherwise, probably no.

>If a phrase occupies more than one syntactic position then it is marked by
>the same index in each position.

The actual phrase appears only once per sentence; it's represented by the index elsewhere.

> In the leftmost position the remainder of the phrase's form precedes the index.

Yes, if I understand you.

>In nonleftmost positions, only the index appears.

Yes (I'm beginning to figure out your terminology).

> Nonleftmost indices in object positions follow the V.

Yes, and in subject position, they precede.

>Is that accurate?

I think so -- but it took me several reads. I was assuming you had waded through the whole document.

>Are there a potentially unlimited number of distinct indices? If so, how
>are they formed?

There are 5 (May29 has only 3). There are distinct numeric codes for them, but they appear as digits 3-7 in the ASCII version (with an apostrophe inserted if suffixed to an ordinal number).

>How is the particular index chosen?

Any index not already used in the sentence will work.

>If this were a loglang, there'd be a bunch of further questions I might
>ask, but since this is an artlang exolang those questions seem less
>appropriate.
>
>--And.

I might not understand those questions! I'm pretty sure Jul23/C6 wouldn't be a good loglang.

Jeff