We can IMO rely on science to supply the proper modules.

No Grecian wine-red seas, no Celtic (and Chinese) amalgamation
of green and blue.

-----Original Message-----
From: International Auxiliary Languages [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Paul Bartlett
Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2015 10:45 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Color Terms in a conIAL

On 2015-08-29 8:36 PM, Leo Moser wrote:

> English pulls out Pink for light-red.
>
> Russian pulls out light-blue as if separate..

To be sure. One of my points was/is that different languages divide up the color spectrum in different ways and places. Again, adult learners of "the" conIAL will be accustomed to different divisions, and what seems "natural" to one may seem "strange" to another. However, what set of basic or elementary terms is adequate, especially if we allow compounding of terms?

--
Paul Bartlett