Yeah, the particular spellings and pronunciations given are strange to me. I've seen lots of variants, though it seems like the simpler and more phonetic, the more likely to catch on.

In any case, there are two distinct problems being conflated here.

1. We need a set of pronouns to use to refer to someone who doesn't identify with either "he" or "she" for whatever reason. There could be multiple such sets and the choice left up to the antecedent zirself, but that just makes the second problem worse. This is where the neologic sets are most likely to come in, IMO.

2. We need a set of pronouns to use when we simply don't know what gender or pronoun set the antecedent identifies with. This is where an expanded singular "they" is likely to win out - again IMO.

Sent from my iPhone