In KlaXa plurals end with -da or -ta.
So if "siesta" is a short sleep or nap, what's a "sies"?
So I decided that the KlaXa word for "wink" should be "sies", hence
siesta = winks, as in a nap.
(All because I wanted to borrow the Spanish/South American concept of
"Siesta" but I wanted to justify it in terms of KlaXa morphology)

Is this the sort of thing you mean, Wesley?

Yuri