Hallo conlangers!

On 23.10.2015 08:07, Gleki Arxokuna wrote:

> I'm not sure why so many different parts of speech are necessary.
> E.g. why pronouns as a separate class, why not just predicates?

In my (dormant) speedtalk project Quetch (I am not sure yet whether it
will be a loglang), I am planning to have only two parts of speech:
content words (nouns, pronouns, verbs, adjectives) and relation words
(prepositions, conjunctions).  A simple predicate consists of a content
word followed by any number of arguments, which are content words linked
to the head word by means of relation words.  Both classes of morphemes
are just a single segment long: content words are consonants, and
relation words are vowels.  There are compounds, though, and a mechanism
for importing content words of any shape (such as proper names) from
other languages, by enclosing them in glottal stops.

--
... brought to you by the Weeping Elf