On Sat, Oct 24, 2015 at 4:37 AM, Gleki Arxokuna
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>> I do not see "pronoun" in the above and, indeed, I've done a

> The most common pronoun in world languages is "I" so here is the relevant
> part:
> me = the first person, "I, me, we"; me ñca = "we"; me+[:believe>>] = "in my
> opinion"
>
> It's just strange that it was put into a separate class.

It appears that Liva lumps "pronouns" in together with the general
class of deictics, along with what we would call interjections, modal
markers, and demonstratives, and other things.  Pronouns per se are
not a separate class.

Deictics apparently are the only class of word that can form a syntagm
by itself.  But it's not clear if that applies to all deictics or only
to a subset of them.  (The only "pronoun" I see used as a stand-alone
sentence is a vocative "hey you!".)  If it applies only to a subset,
then there seem to be multiple syntactic classes within deictic.

> gua\spi seems to
> better reflect Plan B.

Why does that matter?  Plan B is well known, but it's not such an
unusually good conlang that we should judge other conlangs by how well
they reflect it.  Was Liva supposed to be a redesign of Plan B, like
Jörg's Quetch?   I can't find anything to that effect in the Liva
grammar.

--
Jim Henry
http://www.pobox.com/~jimhenry/