On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 04:43:32PM +0100, Pete Bleackley wrote:

> You haven't found merechi's poetry yet. Here's an idea I had a while
> back for how to develop a conlang's poetic style.

...that's a wonderful idea for finding poetic forms!  However, when
I wrote:

> Amanda Babcock Furrow <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> > I come up with mechanical, over-literal turns of phrase.
> > There's no poetry.

...I was actually bemoaning my strange inability to use poetic word
word choices, pungent metaphors, etc. in my conlang.  I don't think
I have a problem with over-literalism in English, maybe because I am
a style sponge who can soak up and imitate different prose stylings.
But somehow, put me in my artlang and I get all IAL-y :(

tylakhlp'f,
Amanda