> Curious, given that colours are pretty close to epitomic "adjective-like"
> senses.  Does Kgáweqʼ eschew intransitives overall and go for transitive of
> this type?  Or is there another reason for it?

I just thought it was an interesting and unusual idea. Kgáweqʼ does have
intransitive verbs.

That's a remarkably short system of affixes!-- especially as compared to
> your third-person agreement markers.

Would you mind clarifying this a bit, please? I'm afraid I don't understand
what you mean.

Can you give some other (felicitous, Griceanly natural) examples of things
> they're used for?

Sure, I was working on an article for *Fiat Lingua* and I can share those
examples.

wuʔ-/woʔ-: success (typically redundant and used for emphasis)

wuʔǝ̨dǝtsǝ́q
wuʔ-ǝ̨d-t-sǝ́q
success-3SG.ANIM.SBJ-PRF.IND-go.somewhere
"he successfully went somewhere"/"he did go somewhere" (ANIM = animate, IND
= indicative)

woʔądyǫtǝƛ’áwł
woʔ-ąd-yǫ-t-ƛ’áwł
success-3SG.ANIM.SBJ-PRF.IND-master.skill
"he successfully mastered it"/"he did master it"

g-: accidental success

gǝ̨dǝtsǝ́q
g-ǝ̨d-t-sǝq
accidental.success-3SG.ANIM.SBJ-PRF.IND-go.somewhere
"he went there by accident"

gerwęk’wáǝn
g-er-wę-k’-waǝn
accidental.success-2SG.SBJ-3SG.ANIM.OBJ-MO.IND-strike.with.closed.fist
"you accidentally hit him" (MO = momentane)

k’-: barely

k’yusƛ’úq
k’-yus-ƛ’uq
barely-3DU.SBJ-connect
"the two of them barely met"

k’ądyǫtaƛ’áwł
k’-ąd-yǫ-t-ƛ’áwł
barely-3SG.ANIM.SBJ-3.OBJ-PRF.IND-master.skill
"he barely mastered it"

t-: partial success

tǝ̨dǝtyųkg’úƛ
t-ǝ̨d-t-yų-kg’úƛ
partial.success-3SG.ANIM.SBJ-3.OBJ-PRF.IND-tear.apart
"he only partially ripped it apart"

tądyǫƛ’áwł
t-ąd-yǫ-ƛ’áwł
partial.success-3SG.ANIM.SBJ-3.OBJ-master.skill
"he has only partially mastered it"

si-: almost success

siyusƛ’úq
si-yus-ƛ’uq
almost.success-3DU-connect
"the two of them almost met"

sewądyǫƛ’áwł
se-ąd-yǫ-ƛ’awł
almost.success-3SG.ANIM.SBJ-3.OBJ-master.skill
"he has almost mastered it"

ǝ̨-: failure (indicates failure at a task, not that something was simply
not done)

ʔǝnǝyųtq’úsǝkg’
ǝ̨-ǝ-yų-t-q’úsǝkg’
failure-1SG.SBJ-3.OBJ-PRF.IND-throw
"I tried to throw it but failed"

ʔąyosyǫtaƛ’áwł
ą-yos-yǫ-t-ƛ’awł
failure-3DU.SBJ-3.OBJ-PRF.IND-master.skill
"the two of them tried to master it but could not"

(’)s-: catastrophic failure (turns preceding stops or affricates ejective
if present)

dǝc’sǝ̨dǝtúqsuq
dǝc-’s-ǝ̨d-t-úqsuq
away-catastrophic.failure-3SG.ANIM.SBJ-PRF.IND-swim
"he tried to swim away, but ended up almost drowning"

satłǝ́qg’ic
s-a-t-łǝ́qg’ic
catastrophic.failure-1SG.SBJ-PRF.IND-speak
"I tried to speak (but ended up making things much worse)"

ƛ-: conative (the outcome is not known or not relevant)

ƛǝ̨dǝtsǝ́q
ƛ-ǝ̨d-t-sǝq
CONATIVE-3SG.ANIM.SBJ-PRF.IND-go.somewhere
"he tried to go somewhere"

qgąsƛądaqeqƛóʔ
qgąs-ƛ-ąd-qeqƛóʔ
here-CONATIVE-3SG.ANIM.SBJ-run